Sunday, January 30, 2011

Alex Valle: 50 games

I was lucky to catch Alex Valle before the Cross Roads tournament.

He was sitting down enjoying a burrito from Robertito's. I approached him and said, "So... we gonna play?" He said, "Alright, lets play."

The games went back and forth. It was 2am when we ended. The end game score was 27-23 for Valle (Ryu vs Ryu). Alex Valle played exceptionally well.

Right after the games, he gave me some advice - "Stay on the ground. You have the ground game to do so."

He also said, "I don't play anyone 50 games straight. Only players like AndyOCR, ect." I nodded and said, "Thank you. That means a lot."

The next day I watched Valle perform exceptionally well during the tournament against really strong players. He placed 2nd overall. Kudos to Alex Valle and thanks for the words of advice. They will not go to waste.

-Miky

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the 27-23 outcome and getting that opportunity in the first place (that means just as much as keeping it close as far as i'm concerned.)

    valles face when he found out was xsk stood for was priceless ... and no i see why.

    ReplyDelete